To avoid any issues associated with old software, we advise you to implement new software as soon as possible. This is our step-by-step guide to over-the-air (OTA) updates.
• Downloading a software update while using the car
The software package will download automatically in the background whenever you are driving the car. The package is quite large and may take some time – up to two hours in total. There is no cost involved. If you stop driving before the download is complete, it will automatically resume the next time you drive.
• Installing an update
Once an update has been downloaded, it's time to install it. This is how.
1. Check that your car is charged to a minimum of 40%.
2. Open the notification telling you the update is ready for installation and follow the instructions.
3. Leave the car, close all the doors, and lock it within a few minutes of activating the installation. Wait too long and it will be canceled.
4. Your car cannot be started or actively charging while the software is being installed. This can take up to 90 minutes.
5. Wait for the installation to complete and use your car as normal.
Good to know
• If you do need to enter the car while an installation is in progress, you must use the key blade.
• To avoid disruption, the car's anti-theft alarm is automatically disarmed during installation.
• In the event of a problem with a download or installation, reach out to Polestar Support for advice.