1. To fold the towbar out, open the tailgate and press the button on the left-hand side at the rear of the cargo compartment, then release. Don't press for too long, as this might prevent the towbar from folding out.
2. An indicator light in the button shows that the folding function is active. The towbar will fold out and down to an unlocked position, at which point the indicator light will flash.
3. You can now move the towbar to its end position, where it will lock into place, and the indicator light will glow steadily. You can now use the towbar.
4. To fold the towbar back in again, briefly press the same button.
5. The indicator light will flash and the towbar will automatically fold down to an unlocked position.
6. You can now secure the towbar by pushing it back to its retracted position under the bumper, where it will lock into place. The indicator light in the button will glow steadily if the towbar is correctly locked.
Still have questions?
With a new car comes a new set of questions. If the tutorial videos on this page don't cover what you need to know, our support pages definitely will.Polestar support