2’s Day with Polestar 2
2’s Day. Tuesday, February 22nd, 2022. Or, more satisfyingly: 22/02/22. Given that it will take another 200 years for the next occurrence of this type (and it looks like February 22nd, 2222, will actually fall on a Friday), we figured there was no better time to look at our own number 2.
Polestar 2 has been in customers’ hands for almost two years. And in that time, it’s seen constant improvements in drivability, usability, and sustainability. OTA (Over the Air) updates mean it can update and upgrade with the same frequency as a smartphone. Improvements don’t have to come with a new facelift or model year. And said improvements can be implemented across all vehicles simultaneously. No workshop visits, no hardware installations.
These updates have made the following improvements, bug fixes and upgrades possible since the start of customer deliveries in 2020:
- stability improvements to the 12-volt battery
- improved car-to-internet connectivity
- improved charge speed when using a DC charger
- addition of a customer request (yes, we take requests): preset climate timers
- update of the estimated Distance to Empty (DTE) for the battery via a linear algorithm
- wireless mobile charging fix, after some customers reported having issues charging the (then) new iPhone 12 with a MagSafe wireless charger
- software version P1.5 bug fix, which was stopping users’ favourite contacts from syncing with the car
- addition of a customer request: charging speed shown in kW in the driver display
- an in-car Range Assistant app that improves efficiency and increases range confidence
- an Eco Climate mode in said app that allows the driver to reduce demand on the battery from the climate system
- battery preconditioning improvements
Now, there are approximately 29,000 Polestar 2s across the world. Out of these, almost 90% have installed the latest OTA update. This means they’re running software that’s fixed the early-stage issues. They’ve also received updates that have added new features and enhanced existing ones, leading to an even better driver and user experience.
There’s always room for improvement. And with the OTA updates available for Polestar 2, there always will be. From now until next 2’s Day.
One Charge Challenge: Denver, Colorado
In this first edition of the One Charge Challenge, we will be exploring Denver and the Rocky Mountains to see just how much we can get done on one charge. With a high elevation and steep winding roads, we know we have to plan our route carefully to maximise the experience.
Is Quiet Luxury the next big thing in mobility?
You may have seen it on your TV screens recently. Your favourite fashion influencer has probably enthused about it on TikTok. Or maybe you've read one of the countless editorials that litter the lifestyle pages of glossy magazines. Unknowingly or not, the latest trend taking over the fashion industry has almost certainly touched your life. But dig a little deeper and you start to discover two things. Firstly, this trend isn't just limited to the fashion world. And secondly, it's not really a trend at all. Welcome to the wonderfully rarefied world of quiet luxury.