Check out these step-by-step guides to some of the more practical features of the Polestar 2 like its tow bar, mirrors and windscreen wipers.
1. To fold the tow bar out, open the tailgate and press the button on the left-hand side at the rear of the cargo compartment, then release. Don’t press for too long, as this might prevent the tow bar from folding out.
2. An indicator light in the button shows that the folding function is active. The tow bar will fold out and down to an unlocked position, at which point the indicator lamp will flash.
3. You can now move the tow bar to its end position, where it will lock into place, and the indicator lamp will glow steadily. You can now use the tow bar.
4. To fold the tow bar back in again, briefly press the same button.
5. The indicator light will flash and the tow bar will automatically fold down to an unlocked position.
6. You can now secure the tow bar by pushing it back to its retracted position under the bumper, where it will lock into place. The indicator light in the button will glow steadily if the tow bar is correctly locked.
You can tilt the side mirrors down to give you a better view of the curb when parking. Simply select reverse gear, and press the L or R mirror button. You may need to press the button twice, depending on settings. When the mirror is tilted down, the light in the button flashes. Three seconds after you engage reverse gear the mirrors will automatically start to move, and will reach their original position after about 8 seconds.
You can set the side mirrors to automatically tilt down to give you a better view of the curb when parking. On the centre display tap More, and then Mirrors. You can now choose which mirrors should tilt when you engage reverse gear: none, driver side, passenger side, or both side mirrors. A quick double press on the L and R mirror buttons will make the mirrors return to their original position.
If you’re driving or parking in a tight space, you can set the side mirrors to automatically fold in. Press the L and R buttons at the same time and release after about one second. The mirrors will automatically stop when they are completely folded in. To fold the mirrors out again, press L and R at the same time. The mirrors will automatically stop when they reach their original positions.
Tap the button in the centre console to activate or deactivate the heating for the rear window and side mirrors. The button lights up when the heating is on. Tap it again to switch it off.
Tap More on the centre display, then select Wipers to activate or deactivate the wiper blades' service position. You can only do this when the vehicle is stationary and the windshield wipers are switched off.
The Polestar 2 comes equipped with plenty of convenient storage options. From the cupholder and glove compartment with integrated bag hook, to the front compartment that’s ideal for storing charging cables, to the spacious trunk with its integrated bag hooks, straps and nets for securely stowing your belongings.
Activate the parking brake then tap More on the centre display. You’ll see the Power off button at the bottom of the screen. Tap it to switch off the car. To start the vehicle again, tap the play/pause button under the centre display.