1. Open the car's charging hatch and remove the charging plug's protective cover.
2. Push the charging cable plug all the way into the car's input socket. It should automatically lock into place after a few seconds.
3. Follow the instructions on the charging station's interface to authorize the charge. Before charging can begin, the charging station first performs an isolation test, which can take up to one minute.
4. Once charging has started, the LED lamp in the charging input socket will flash green. The driver display and the centre display will show the remaining estimated charging time, or if charging is not working as intended.
5. To stop charging, press the button near the charging input socket. If fast charging is stopped, it's not possible to resume it automatically because the charging station requires charging to be re-authorized. Unlocking your car does not usually stop fast charging.
Still have questions?
With a new car comes a new set of questions. If the tutorial videos on this page don't cover what you need to know, our support pages definitely will.Polestar support