Here at Polestar, we don’t have job titles, but Public Relations & Communications, Scandinavia will be solely responsible for the development of a globally-aligned, Scandinavia-specific Public Relations and Communications strategy and budget plan that supports the global and Scandinavian corporate goals for Polestar. We’re looking for a creative, innovative, experienced and hands-on PR professional who is mature, proactive, independent and results-driven. The successful candidate could come from an automotive background or alternatively, from a lifestyle, technology or business background. Your creativity will be your differentiator. In 2019, we’re going all in with the launch of our first fully electric car; Polestar 2 - are you up for the challenge?
Core Role Responsibilities
- To develop, maintain and defend the corporate reputation of the Polestar brand in Scandinavia, building and maintaining a positive perception of Polestar with journalists, influencers and other key stakeholders.
- Coordinate with Polestar global Public Relations and Communications team, global Brand and Marketing team, and Scandinavian Marketing functions to design and implement content & media strategies that represent the company’s products, services, brand, industrial operations, business plan and strategy, and senior management.
- Responsible for all Scandinavian media relations and relationship building with target media audiences.
- Media monitoring and evaluation, acting upon the learnings and consequences, as well as crisis communications in Scandinavia.
- Managing events for Polestar in Scandinavia, supported by the Global Events Team, focussing on customer, media and other stakeholder events.
Key audiences are Polestar’s external stakeholders such as: journalists and social media influencers, local and national government, business partners, potential and existing customers, potential and existing employees (through internal communications), and trade associations.
Personal Profile / Experience
- Bachelor degree or above, preferably in communications, business administration or Journalism.
- 10 years plus working experience in Public Relations and Communications, with at least 5 years with a large multinational corporation.
- A premium / luxury auto industry background is not essential. Experience could also come from working outside the automotive industry for a high-profile premium / luxury or technology brand, or with a history as an experienced journalist in the same fields.
- Experience working with, and managing, agencies and consultants, and managing budgets.
- Networking with colleagues, external influencers such as journalists and industry organizations is a vital prerequisite of the job. A regular program of visits and national / international travel should be expected from the company’s global HQ in Gothenburg.
- Strong oral, editing and written skills in local language and English is mandatory, and competence in other languages is desirable.
- You are expected to be on-call 24 hours a day / 7 days a week to deal with urgent communications issues.
By submitting, the data provided will be used to perform your request according to the Information notice.
Polestar - the guiding star
We are an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in. Our focus is on uncompromised design and technology. Passion and emotion drive us, electricity and innovation drive our cars. Our products are excellent, efficient and entertaining. In Polestar’s future, there is no room for shortcuts, excuses or compromises. We are all in, dedicated on our ambition. Guiding our industry forward through pure, progressive, performance.