Volvo S60 Polestar Concept Car
|“We are proud to present Polestar’s interpretation of the Volvo S60” says Christian Dahl, founder and CEO of Polestar. “It is a car developed with our own preferences in mind which, we from experience know, are shared by a group of active drivers”
The main focus when developing the car has been to combine a comfortable genuine Volvo driving experience with a high level of power and handling. The Volvo T6 engine has been tuned to deliver a considerable increase in power and torque. This, in combination with a lowered, widened and reinforced chassis together with a tuned Haldex all-wheel drive system and Öhlins suspension makes the car suitable for both high performance driving and long distance travelling.
Robert Dahlgren, Volvo Polestar racing driver, comments the driving experience: “To me the Volvo S60 is a very well sorted car from start. In our concept car we have developed chassis, engine and transmission just like we want it, and the result is a huge leap forward in terms of handling and performance. It is, by far, the most impressive street Volvo I’ve ever driven. But I must also say that the genuine Volvo feeling is still there.“
The car presented at Gothenburg City Arena is the first car built for one specific client. A small series of Polestar modified S60s may be built pending market response;
“Polestar’s heart and soul is motorsport and our main focus is to deliver the absolute best results for Volvo on the track” say’s Christian Dahl. “But over the years we have also seen a significant increase in demand for Volvo performance cars and parts and naturally we want to respond to this.”
- 0-100 km/h 3.9s
- Top speed more than 300km/h
- Volvo T6 inline six (B6304T4)
- 508 hp @ 6500rpm
- 575Nm @ 5500rpm
- Max rpm: 6800
- Modified cylinder head and combustion chambers
- Modified inlet manifold and air intake
- Special manufactured conrods
- Garret 3171 turbo
- Ferrita 3.5” stainless steel exhaust system
- Reinforced M66C (close ratio) manual 6-speed gear box.
- Haldex E-LSD in rear
- Haldex Gen4 XWD
- Tires 265/35R19
- Rims Polestar 9,5X19”
- Chassis lowered 30mm
- Öhlins 3- way shock absorbers
- Reinforced anti-roll bar front and rear
- Track width increased 20 mm front and 40 mm rear
- Polestar-tuned EHPAS steering
- Stabilising X- members, front and rear.
- Modified control-arms with uniballs front and rear.
- Reinforced bushings in sub-frame and control-arms
- Modified engine mounts
- Total weight 1640kg and optimized weight distribution
- Front Polestar-Brembo 6 piston calipers, 380 mm ventilated discs
- Rear Polestar-Volvo calipers, 302 mm ventilated discs
- Brake cooling air intakes from front
- Based on tests in Volvo’s wind-tunnel
- Lowered front splitter and larger rear spoiler to reduce high speed lift
- Carbon fiber diffusor
- Body 20 mm widened front and rear
- Polestar designed seats with increased support. Alcantara on all functional areas steering wheel, gear knob, and seats to ensure maximum grip.
- Centre console lowered for optimised gear-lever ergonomics.
E-mail: Hans Bååth, email@example.com
|Press register for news and photos at our Pressroom
Sign up for newsletter